Capcom announced a substantial expansion to their sprawling action RPG last September, but left fans wanting as to what exactly was coming with the Dark Arisen add-on. Today, we finally get a look at what’s coming to Dragon’s Dogma‘s fantasy universe with the add-on launches in April. Two trailers debuted today, with a bigger glimpse at enemies and environments coming via the longer Japanese teaser below.
Dark Arisen will be available both digitally and on disc and it introduces a new subterranean area with new enemies. From the press release:
• A massive new underground realm to explore featuring over 25 terrifying new enemies
- More skills/equipment/augments:
- Level 3 Skills
- DD: DA provides each character class with a new tier of skills, giving players new devastating abilities and skills to master
- Over 100 pieces of new equipment
- All new high level weapons and armor sets for players venturing into the underground caverns
- 14 new character/Pawn augments
- New tiers of equipment enhancement
- And there’s more:
- Increased character customization options
- Item appraisal
- Option to select Japanese voice over
Capcom also notes that some of the changes coming with Dark Arisen will be based off of feedback from fans:
Players will be able to take their characters to new heights with brand new high-level skills and augments as well as all new weapons and armor sets. Furthermore, owners of the original Dragon’s Dogma will receive 100,000 Rift Crystals, unlimited Ferrystones and the Gransys Armour Pack consisting of six brand new costumes for free, upon purchasing Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen.
For those that missed Dragon’s Dogma the first time around, Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen provides the opportunity to start their journey from the very beginning before tackling the all-new content.
Based on player feedback, Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen will make the Dragon’s Dogmagameplay experience even more satisfying with improvements such as easier travel and a more intuitive menu system. For those who already own Dragon’s Dogma and then purchase Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen, these improvements will be automatically retrofitted to their original game save data.
Dark Arisen will come out for PS3 and Xbox 360 on April 23 in North America and on April 26 in Europe.